Surprising Facts About The Balloons at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Each year, on Thanksgiving, our televisions play nothing but football and the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. This year there will be new balloons flying through New York…
List of the 2019 Balloons
- Astronaut Snoopy
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- The Elf on the Shelf
- Illumination Presents Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Jett by Super Wings
- Paw Patrol
- Pillsbury Doughboy
- Power Rangers Mighty Morphin Red Ranger
- Ronald McDonald
- SpongeBob SquarePants & Gary
- Dreamworks Trolls
- Love Flies Up to the Sky by Yayoi Kusama
- The Nutcracker
- Smokey Bear
Fun Facts About Macy’s Day Parade Balloons
- Snoopy will make his 40th flight in the Macy’s Day Parade, which is the most we’ve ever seen from any balloon in history. His very first balloon was the 1968 aviator, and a year later he was reworked as an Apollo astronaut.
Sam and Guy’s ham mobile in Green Eggs and Ham is large enough to fit 4 million eggs or fourteen thousand 15.5 pound hams!
- The longest stretching balloon is The Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger; one of his arms is the length of a standard school bus at 45 feet.
- The Museum of Natural History inducted the original DINO balloon as an honorary member in 1975. The balloon returned to the Macy’s Parade in 2015, after nearly 40 years.
- The Grinch’s velvet sack is large enough to hold 2.8 million Christmas ornaments. (Who counts this?)
- Jett is the widest balloon in the Parade and his wingspan is equal to the size of an actual Learjet.
It would take more than four million Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to create a dough-sized version of the Pillsbury Doughboy balloon…