Join me, WJBR’S EJ–all day this Saturday September 17 in Delco at Upper Providence Community Day! I’ve been asked to host the event and make announcements all day and play WJBR’s mix from the 80’s to now all day! I can’t wait!
The fun starts at 8am with warmups and yoga before the scheduled 9am Giddy-UP 5K Race. The race rolls through Rose Tree Park.
Members from the Penncrest High School Marching Band will energize the runners at 8:45am.
After the 5K there will be events all day!
Over 50 Vendors, Food Trucks, Moon bounces, Giant Slide, Obstacle course, Field Day Games, Carnival games, dunk tank, ax throwing, live band and a DJ, special guests and so much more!!! (I wonder if they will ask me to get in the dunk tank…I hope so!)
You’ll also be able to donate to the Media Food Bank. Click here for a list of needed food items.
So join me all day at Rose Tree Park at 1671 N. Providence Road in Media PA. I’ll be there from 9am to 3pm.
Here is the schedule of events for the day:
- 8:00 am – Pivot Physical Therapy – warmups
- 8:15 am – Pre-Race Yoga
- 8:45 am – Some Members of the Penncrest Marching Band Horn’s Section
- 9:00 am – Race Starts
- 9:15 am – Walk Start
- 10:15 – Race Awards (14)
- 11:15 – Welcome announcement
- 11:30 – Police K-9 (Raymond) demonstration
- 12:00 – Fire Co – Demonstrations
- 12:30 – Businessperson of the Year Award & Thank you to our Donors/Sponsors/Vendors
- 1:00 – SLMS 8th Grade Marching Band
- Field Day Games
- Tug of war
- 3 legged race
- 1:30 – Fire Company Demonstration
- 2:00 – Field Day Games
- Egg Race
- Potato sack race
- 2:30 – Fire Co – Demonstrations
Hope to see you at Upper Providence Community Day!