Orchard season is officially upon us which means plenty of opportunities for fun outdoor activities. Whether you want to explore a pumpkin patch or get your hands on some fresh apple cider donuts, here are 8 local orchards to visit with your family this season.
Plenty of Other Orchards to Check Out!
Highland Orchards in West Chester, PA
· Home to over 200 acres of growing crops, there’s always something to see at Highland Orchards. Visit their bakery to pick up a freshly baked pie or make a reservation to pick your own apples and pumpkins. Find more info here.
Milburn Orchards in Elkton, MD
· Make a reservation to tour the farm, do yoga with goats or pick up a dozen fresh apple cider donuts at Millburn Orchards. You can also check out their Family Fun Weekends starting September 18th for Covid 19-friendly fall activities. Check out their site here.
Fifer Orchards in Camden-Wyoming, DE
· Check out the Pac-Maize themed 6-acre corn maze, pick your own apples or head over to the pumpkin patch at Fifer Orchards. Make sure to schedule an appointment for apple picking and the corn maize before you go. More info can be found here.
Mood’s Farm in Mullica Hill, NJ
· Mood’s Farm offers pumpkin and apple picking along with homeade apple cider and fresh donuts made daily. Picking hours are from 8 am to 5 pm every Monday through Saturday. Learn more here.
Dalton Farms in Swedesboro, NJ
· Who doesn’t love sunflowers? At Dalton Farms you can purchase tickets to check out the beautiful sunflower fields from now through October. Don’t forget to check out their first ever Comedy Event Sunday on October 4th. Tickets can be purchased here.
Editor’s Note: WJBR was not influenced or paid to create this post.
Article Originally Written By Brianna Pisacane
Brianna joined WJBR as a digital content producer in June 2020 after graduating with latin honors from the University of Delaware. Her interests extend into the areas of writing, journalism, marketing and production. She previously worked as an intern at The Biden Institute where she prepared daily news briefings and developed content for the organization’s digital platforms.