Come join us to dance with a purpose on May 7th!
Downtown YMCAs Dance-A-Thon fundraiser benefits all programs offered to our families and youth. Upon registration, each dancer will have the option for a specific themed dance, Hip-Hop Step or Zumba. The day of the event get ready to be motivated by our encouraging instructors and staff as we dance for a cause. Event will take place outdoors in our parking lot, located behind the Central YMCA building. Come out, enjoy your time, and when in doubt dance it out!
Zumba at 12:00pm-1:00pm
Hip-Hop Step with Brandy at 1:15pm-2:15pm
Downtown YMCAs Community Impact:
– 200 children were able to make life-long memories, learn and explore at YMCA summer camp last year.
– 95% of campers received financial assistance to ensure that every child had access to camp
– 125 children learned to swim at the Downtown Y’s last year, preventing drowning and promoting safety around water in our community.
– More than 350 teens participated in teen programs designed to keep them engaged in positive experiences while in a healthy and safe environment.
– 1 out of 5 Central and Walnut Street Y families received financial assistance in 2021.
– More than 50 individuals had access to our cancer survivor and diabetes prevention programs last year, helping reduce the onset of chronic diseases and promoting healthy lifestyles.
For more information, click here.