School may look a little different this year. Some teachers and students are in classrooms and some are virtual but we want to honor those teachers making a difference.
Teachers take ordinary students and shape them into extraordinary human beings.
So, each month, Johnny B, Jessie Jordan or Eric Johnson will show teachers just how special they are by awarding them a $100 gift card and a special plaque from Crown Trophy!
If you know a teacher that epitomizes the title of TEACHER OF THE MONTH, nominate them below!
Mix 99.5 WJBR Teacher of the Month - Official Contest Rules
These rules apply to Mix 99.5 WJBR’s Teacher of the Month Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WJBR (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wjbr.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on September 8, 2020 and end on May 14, 2021.
- To enter online, visit wjbr.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the Contest and complete and submit the online entry form beginning on September 8, 2020 at 6:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on May 14, 2021 at 11:59pm ET (“Online Entry Period”). The entry form must also include the first and last name of the teacher being nominated (the “Nominee”) and an original essay (“Essay”) of up to one hundred (100) words describing why the Nominee deserves to be honored.
- Any Essay that exceeds one hundred (100) words will be edited by the Station to include only the first one hundred (100) words prior to judging. Each Essay must be the entrant’s original creative work and must not be protected by copyright; each nominator must have the right to submit it. Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to edit any Essay to preserve confidentiality and further reserves the right to disqualify any Essay if such is inappropriate or unsuitable for public display, broadcast, or posting on the Station’s website (i.e., must be radio clean). Essays that do not comply will not be eligible. Any winning Nominee’s name and Essay may be included on the Station’s website at wjbr.com.
- Entrants may submit multiple nominations but may nominate a Nominee a maximum of one (1) time. A Nominee may be nominated multiple times, but only if by different entrants. Nominees are eligible to win in the Contest only once.
- Teachers nominated must teach Kindergarten – 12th grade and must teach at a public, private or charter school within the state of Delaware. Teachers may be nominated by their fellow teachers, colleagues, students or parents of students. Teachers may also nominate themselves.
- There will be up to a total of nine (9) Grand Prize-winning teachers selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 14 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to nine (9) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize will be awarded to the teacher nominated and consists of a one hundred dollar ($100) Amazon gift card, and a forty dollar ($40) plaque from Crown Trophy located at 4103 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803. The Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize is $140. The gift card will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift card. Gift cards are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will gift cards be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed as described by the Station at the time of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to nine (9) Grand Prize-winning teachers will be selected as follows:
Up to one (1) Grand Prize-winning teacher (unless otherwise stated) will be selected each month at approximately 9:00am ET in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible online entries received up to the time of the random drawing on the following days: October 16, 2020 – two (2) Grand Prize-winning teachers to be selected; November 13, 2020; December 18, 2020; January 15, 2021; February 12, 2021; March 19, 2021; April 16, 2021; and May 17, 2021. Essays will not be judged for the purpose of selecting winner(s).
Winning teachers will be notified by phone promptly following the drawing. The Station will request any further contact information at the time of notification if applicable. The prize will be awarded to the teacher nominated in the Essay, not to the entrant (unless the teacher nominated themselves).
Non-selected entries will automatically rollover into subsequent random drawings in the Contest if any.
- Odds of being selected as the winning nomination depend on the number of eligible online entries received at the time of each random drawing.
- Entrants do not need to listen to the Station or be present to be selected as the winning nomination.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at wjbr.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 812 Philadelphia Pike Wilmington, DE 19809 or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.