This post originally written by WJBR Digital Production Intern, Nicole Mills. Mills is a senior English student at the University of Delaware from Wilmington, DE.
- Brandywine Creek State Park– Located at 41 Adams Dam Rd, Wilmington, DE this park is chock full of places to watch the sunset. There are plenty of picnic benches & sitting areas for viewing. If you get there early enough, enjoy a hike on one of the many hiking trails before the sun sets.
- Bellevue State Park– With 328 acres of land, it is hard to find a place where you cannot watch the sunset at Bellevue! In the suburbs of Wilmington, you can find this park at 800 Carr Road. You can find plenty of picnic benches, playgrounds, open fields, and lakes/ponds to enjoy your sunset. Enjoy the trails or bring a volleyball or soccer ball to play with.
- Cape Henlopen State Park– What is better than watching the sunset on the beach? Pack a cooler filled with your favorite drinks & snacks. Or make it a whole event with a picnic basket and outdoor games. You can head over to the park at 15099 Cape Henlopen Dr, Lewes, DE.
- The Wilmington Riverfront– It is not the beach but watching the sunset over water is always magical! There is plenty of places for dinner or ice cream along the water as well as benches to sit and watch. If you go on a Friday night, you can make a whole night out of it and top it off with the fireworks display from Frawley Stadium!
- A drive through the Brandywine Valley– Nothing is more relaxing that a peaceful drive with some of your favorite music playing in the background. Take a drive through the Brandywine Valley to enjoy views of the sunset as well as beautiful farmland and even more beautiful houses. Once the sun goes down, keep an eye out for the deer that frequent the valley’s open fields.
Hollywood Kyle is the Digital Content Producer and Production Director of Mix 99.5 WJBR. Being a Delaware local, Kyle takes pride in his hometown and has had a love for music since a young age. Hollywood Kyle joins the Mix Morning Show for abstract thoughts and ideas during "Hollywood Kyle" segment around 9:40am Monday thru Friday.