Johnny B and Jessie Jordan talked about horn honking and when it’s cool and when it’s definitely not. Here are their 7 rules:
- When someone sits at a red light that just turned green for more than 3 seconds they get a friendly nudge. If the nudge doesn’t work, a longer more aggressive honk is encouraged.
- When someone drifts into your lane: automatic aggressive honk is encouraged.
- When you’re following a slow car in the left lane – yes, you may honk and kindly gesture for them to move out of your way.
- When someone cuts you off, a short honk and a possible angry emoji face is acceptable
- At a four-way stop simple eye contact and a gesture to proceed is encouraged.
- Pedestrians do have the right away, however, they may get a honk if they are too busy staring at their phone to notice they are about to get hit.
- And yes, if you are texting and driving – you get a honk and motioned to hang up your phone!