9 Family-Friendly Breakfast Ideas for Summer
Now that we’re all enjoying majority of our days inside, you just may have a little extra time on your hands. Start your morning off right with these summer-inspired breakfast ideas that the whole family is sure to love. Fun, colorful and delicious, these recipes will make you actually want to get out of bed.
- Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Completely customizable scrambled egg muffins are a great way to make sure your kids are getting some protein in their diet. They’re simple to make, fun to eat and can be modified to meet any palate preferences. Add different types of meats, cheeses and veggies… the combinations are endless. Check out the recipe here.
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Impress your family with this tasty recipe that puts traditional French toast to shame. Moist on the inside and crispy on the outside, this colorful dish is just what you need to take brunch to the next level. Feel free to top it with powdered sugar for an extra special treat that’s sure to please the kids. Find the recipe here.
- Breakfast Pizza
- Who said pizza is just for dinner? Wow the kids with this yummy take on a classic dinnertime favorite. Made with eggs, cheese and any toppings of your choosing, everyone will leave the table happy after getting a slice of this clever creation. See the details here.
- Mason Jar Yogurt Parfaits
- Healthy and simple, this cute make-ahead breakfast idea is perfect for anyone on the go. Though not necessary for the recipe, mason jars (which can be found in inexpensive sets on Amazon), will make breakfast look more presentable and fun. Layer them with Greek yogurt, granola and your favorite fruits. Check out the recipe here.
- Waffle Dippers
- Let’s face it, foods that you can dip are way more fun to eat. This twist on an ordinary waffle is a great way to satisfy your whole family, even the picky eaters. Dunk these tasty strips into maple syrup or get more creative and make a fruity yogurt dip; either are sure to be a hit. Find the recipe here.
- Summer Breakfast Tacos
- Don’t be afraid to experiment in the kitchen with these savory and flavorful breakfast tacos. Made with scrambled eggs, avocado and queso fresco, this fun recipe is the morning-time comfort food you never knew you needed. Top with fresh cilantro and salsa for a breakfast like no other. Get the details here.
- Stuffed PB&J French Toast Kabobs
- You’ll become parent of the year when you combine these two classic kid favorites into one delicious breakfast. The ingredients are simple, the recipe is easy and something about eating off of a skewer is enticing to the little ones. Expect to be asked to make them again and again. Check out the recipe here.
- Country Breakfast Skillet
- If you’re tired of making the same old breakfasts, this mouthwatering breakfast skillet is for you. The ingredients are easy to prepare and can even be chopped the night before to give you a head start in the morning. Feel free to add any of your favorite veggies to give the dish a unique flare. Get the recipe here.
- Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- No list of breakfast ideas would be complete without a recipe for a fluffy stack of pancakes. These blueberry lemon pancakes are light, fruity and full of summer flavor. Get the griddle ready because you’ll want to make these all season long. Find the recipe here.
Written by Brianna Pisacane
Brianna joined WJBR as a digital content production intern in June 2020 after graduating with latin honors from the University of Delaware. Her interests extend into the areas of writing, journalism, marketing and production. She previously worked as an intern at The Biden Institute where she prepared daily news briefings and developed content for the organization’s digital platforms.