Halloween candy is estimated to exceed $2.5 Billion in sales this year. About 95% of households will buy candy for Halloween.
When it comes to Delaware, Skittles was voted the #1 Top Halloween candy for the first state. Runner ups for Delaware were candy corn (which was last year’s winner) and Lifesavers. Skittles also comes in #1 Nationwide as well, with competitors like Reese’s Cups, M&M’s, and Snickers. And you may be surprised by the results, considering Hot Tamales and Tootsie Pops even made the list.
Top 10 Halloween Candy of America
- Reese’s Cups
- Candy Corn
- Hot Tamales
- Tootsie Pops
- Sour Patch Kids
Quick Facts About Halloween
- 172 million Americans celebrate Halloween
- Nearly 1/4 of all Halloween purchases are made online
- Among those who celebrate Halloween, 95% will purchase candy
- They will spend about $25 on average
- Most Halloween shopping is done the first 2 weeks of October.
- In Oregon, full-sized candy bars are the norm for trick-or-treaters to receive
- Over 50% of parents stash some Halloween candy to enjoy later in the year
Tell Us What’s Your Favorite Candy In This Poll!