Everyday we like to reflect on what we learned during the Morning Show. Join us for more wisdom tomorrow morning from 5:30-10!
- If you’re trying to lose weight, ‘souping’ is the latest diet trend. People who eat soup as a first course tend eat less overall. It’s kind of like juicing with more protein.
- The dirtiest thing in your purse or wallet is your credit and debit cards. Cards scored 285 and cash scored 160 on the germ score. For some perspective, in order for a restaurant to be sanitary it must score lower than 10.
- More and more people have given up bathing permanently because they are afraid it will disturb the body’s natural bacteria. Sarah Ballantyne, aka the paleo mom, claims that human bodies will naturally adjust to the absence of soap and people do not stink.
- Octopi bite! Jamie Biscegila learned that the hard way at a fishing derby when she put an octopus on her face for a photo contest. The creature bit her and she will be on antibiotics for several months.
- When Brad Ryan found out that his 85 -year old Grandma Joy never saw the mountains or the oceans, he asked her to hike the Smoky Mountains. Since then, the two of them have visited 29 national parks. He says that traveling with Grandma makes him slow down and see it through her eyes and that makes it so much richer.