Revised Office Hours: WJBR offices will be closed from July 1 - July 10th.  We will reopen on July 11th.
NEW YORK, NY - AUGUST 23: A woman tries the new Samsung Galaxy Note8 smartphone during a launch event, August 23, 2017 in New York City. The Galaxy Note8 will be released in stores on September 15. The previous Galaxy Note 7 model had to be recalled due to self-combusting batteries. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

A British boy escaped injury after his Samsung tablet overheated while charging, burning a hole through his mattress, down to the springs. The 11-year-old in Staffordshire awoke to his smoldering bed Thursday morning.

His dad calling firefighters.

Thankfully, neither the tablet nor the bed ignited in flames, the UK Sun reports.

The device had been charging since 9pm that night on a matching brand charger. It’s a reminder never to charge devices on surfaces which could easily catch fire.