The Division of Public Health Office of Animal Welfare is seeking individuals interested in assisting animals in emergencies and disasters. The OAW Delaware Animal Response program is recruiting community volunteers for its Delaware State Animal Response Team and their specialized unit, the Delaware Veterinary Medical Reserve Corps.
One-hour orientations will be held on the following dates and times:
· July 25, at 7:00 p.m., Edgehill Shopping Center, 43 S. DuPont Highway, Dover
· July 26, at 7:00 p.m., Sussex County Emergency Operations Center, 21911 Rudder Lane, Georgetown
· July 27, at 7:00 p.m., Paul J. Sweeney Public Safety Building, 3601 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle
· August 19, at 10:00 a.m., Office of Animal Welfare, 1901 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle
· August 20, at 11:00 a.m., Edgehill Shopping Center, 43 S. DuPont Highway, Dover
· August 20, at 2:00 p.m., Sussex County Emergency Operations Center, 21911 Rudder Lane, Georgetown
Residents are asked to RSVP for the orientation sessions by contacting Karen Clark at (302) 242-3594 or email [email protected] For more information about the Delaware Animal Response program visit: http://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/oaw/dar.html.