Picture this: You're a lawyer and you're in court regarding a case which happens to be related to arson, and your pants catch on fire.
Sounds pretty odd, right?
The incident happened in Miami, Florida yesterday. The lawyer, Stephen Gutierrez, was finishing up his closing arguments when people in the court noticed smoke coming from his pants.
According to the Miami-Herald, within moments his pants were on fire and he was escorted out of the courtroom. Prior to the incident, he had been fiddling with an object inside his pocket. Interestingly enough, at the time his pants caught on fire, he was telling the jury his client did not intentionally set his car on fire, rather it spontaneously combusted.
Gutierrez blamed the incident on a faulty battery in his e-cigarette, but other people speculated it was an attempt to prove that it's not rare for things to spontaneously combust.
What do you think really happened?
QCWriter is a journalist who is fueled by espresso and motivated by determination. She specializes in pop culture, country music, and news content. You can follow her on Twitter by clicking here: @QCWriter.