LISTEN WEEKDAY MORNINGS AT 6:10, 7:10 AND 8:10 FOR FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The busiest travel day of the year may turn into the most stressful for those trying to make their way home for the Thanksgiving holiday. A big, messy storm along the East Coast and a weaker one in the upper Midwest may effect flights across the country.
- The City of Wilmington is taking the rare step of suing the state Department of Education in an attempt to keep it from closing Moyer Academy charter school. The city’s suit asks the court to force the state to reverse its decision to revoke the school’s charter.
- Spoiler alert!!! Dancing With the Stars handed out the mirrorball trophy last night. Season 19 frontrunner Alfonso Riberio and partner Witney Carson took the prize. Alfonso said: “I cannot believe this! I’ve wanted this forever!”
- Chain restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops, pizza delivery stores and theaters will be required to list calories counts of their food and beverages on their menus or menu boards, with the Food and Drug Administration announcing the long-delayed rules yesterday. Companies have until a year from now to comply.
- There are three NFL match-ups for tomorrow: Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions; Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers. FYI: The 76ers go for their first win tonight against the Nets in Brooklyn.