LISTEN WEEKDAY MORNINGS AT 6:10, 7:10 AND 8:10 FOR FIVE THINGS YOU NEED
- Smile! The Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles changed policy and will allow drivers to smile when having their picture taken for their license. Smiles had been prohibited for about five years, since the state adopted facial-recognition technology. Newer technology can now recognize a smiling face.
- The March 8th disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has been officially declared an “accident” and the search for survivors has been called off. A statement released by Malaysia’s Department of Civil Aviation said that all 239 people aboard the flight were now presumed dead.
- Harvard’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals, the oldest acting society in the U.S., crowns Chris Pratt and Amy Poehler as 2015’s top man and woman.
- New audio attributed to Japanese hostage Kenji Goto Jogo states that Jordan must surrender ISIS terrorist Sajida al-Rishawi at the Turkish border by sunset today, or Jordanian pilot Mu-adh al-Kasasibah will be executed “immediately.” The video was distributed via ISIS-linked Twitter accounts. Jordan has said it has received no proof that the pilot is still alive and will only go ahead with the swap if he is freed.
- A new study of NFL retirees featured in the medical journal Neurology found that players who began playing tackle football before age 12 increased their risk of developing memory and thinking problems later in life.