LISTEN WEEKDAY MORNINGS AT 6:10, 7:10 AND 8:10 FOR FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The designation of Delaware’s first national park inside the New Castle Court House Museum was cause for celebration last night. Delaware had long been the only state without a national park. Congress gave final approval to the First State National Historical Park as part of a $577 billion defense authorization bill that awaits President Obama’s signature.
- It was arson. That’s what authorities say about last week’s massive downtown LA fire at an apartment complex that was under construction. The fire destroyed a seven-story complex, damaged a nearby high-rise structure and the Harbor (110) Freeway.
- Actor Stephen Collins will sit down and talk with Katie Couric tonight to address the flurry of molestation stories about him that surfaced in early October. He has released a lengthy statement to People, admitting that he acted inappropriately and he will do a sit-down with Katie Couric, for Yahoo and ABC tonight on 20/20
- The president is scheduled to leave Washington today for his annual holiday vacation in Hawaii with his family. It’s the Obama’s seventh consecutive one to the Aloha state and they plan to spend about two weeks there at a private residence in Kailua.
- The Blue Rocks have new owners. The News Journal reports a refurbished ballpark is expected to be in place for the Blue Rocks’ 25th-anniversary season in 2016. Clark Minker and Dave Heller said in announcing their joint purchase of the advanced-Class A Carolina League franchise from a group consisting of 11 partners, including Minker.