LISTEN WEEKDAY MORNINGS AT 6:10, 7:10 AND 8:10 FOR FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. It has been a cooler than usual summer! Delaware’s June-July-August average temperature is only 74.3 degrees, the lowest since 2004, but that is still higher than the long-term average of 73.3.
2. “We don’t have a strategy yet.” That was the response President Obama gave when asked about the possibility of strikes in Syria to push back the advance of ISIS. He also said during a White House briefing that Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to the Middle East to meet with leaders in the region about responding to the ISIS threat.
3. It was a scare yesterday for Comedian and Fashion Police host Joan Rivers. The 81 year old was rushed to Mt. Sinai hospital in critical condition after she stopped breathing while undergoing a throat procedure at a NY clinic. She is currently in stable but critical condition.
4. Good news for the nearly 35 million Americans heading away from home over the holiday weekend. The average price of a regular gallon of gas is down 13 cents from last year. In fact, the last time gas prices were this low heading into Labor Day weekend it was 2010!
5. Tony Stewart will return to Sprint Cup competition on Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This will be the first race for the three-time NASCAR champion since his car fatally hit 20-year-old racer Kevin Ward Jr. on August 9th.